1. Pissouri is a village located between Limassol and Paphos district in Cyprus. It is a perfect holiday destination for kite surfers and even for families who want to relax and have fun.
2. The Pissouri beach is spread over a large area i.e 1500 meters in length and 90 meters in width.
3. Pissouri is a small village and has a very little population however due to its amazing beaches and wind conditions the village is visited by hundreds of tourists every year.
4. The weather here is pleasant throughout the year and the locals are very welcoming towards outsiders.
5. The nightlife in Pissouri is amazing as clubs and restaurants are full of dancers and scrumptious local meals.
6. The stunning view of the Bay begins from Cape Aspro and extends to the Mavrorotos.
7. Pissouri is home to few of the most impressive beaches in Greece. The island has a lot of great family friendly spots.
8. The winds mostly blow from east to west on the bay which makes the tides of the ocean to rise high. This makes Pissouri an ideal spot for expert surfers.
9. The water surrounding Pissouri Bay is tough however you can find some lighter winds near the coast.
10. Pissouri beach is not only known for its beauty but also for its amazingly blue water, medium waves and golden beach sand.
11. If you want to take a break from surfing, you can head towards to village to enjoy and experience the local culture of Greece.
12. You can also find great resorts in Pissouri just a few minutes away from the seashore, so you are never away from your passion of surfing.
13. Two of the most elegant and exhilarating resorts in Pissouri are Columbia Resort and Beach Resort. These are great resorts with their own opening towards the beach side. They offer a wide range of luxurious facilities to the people staying there.
14. If you are on a budget then don’t worry because you can also find medium and low range restaurants and hotels in the area. Some of the small restaurants include Hill View Hotel and Bunch of Grapes Inn.
15. Cyprus is a very warm and friendly place. These qualities make it an amazing spot for families to visit for surfing and for relaxation.
16. Pissouri has some amazing wind conditions for expert surfers. Expert surfers can enjoy high but safe jumps here.
17. Pissouri, Cyprus is not just known for its surfing, you can also try other activities like diving, water skiing, speed boat riding, canoe riding and many more.
18. One unique thing about Pissouri beach is that it is filled with pebbles. You can find a lot of pebbles so it is advised to wear your slippers at all times.
19. If you are tired of the water you can enjoy other activities like cycling and walking along the trials besides the shore.
20. The Island holds a bright side for nature lovers also, as it is home to a lot of different species of wildlife like turtles, foxes, rabbits, hares, and birds.
21. Even if you are visiting the place for its surfing spots, don’t forget to check out the local markets. The markets of Limassol are full of local made leather and laces.
22. The water temperature of Pissouri remains up to 30 Celsius during the whole summer. This is one of the most significant factors that make Pissouri a great place to visit in summer.
23. The high hills enhance the beauty of Pissouri’s landscape. The hills are also a factor in creating good wind conditions for surfers in the area.
24. Before visiting the place make sure you have booked the right resort which is near the coastal areas so you can walk along the sidewalks to reach your desired spot for kite surfing.
25. Overall, Pissouri can be classified as a ‘must visit’ place. It has something for everyone you can visit the place with your friends or even your family. Pissouri guarantees a great surfing experience that you will never forget.