In Biarritz on the Basque Coast, you live the surf experience in an urban universe, elegant and full of history.
Below are some facts about surfing in Biarritz;
1. Biarritz is the oldest of the European cities of surfing.
2. Throughout the world, from Hawaii to California to Australia, we know the spots and waves of Biarritz that unfold against real jewels of history and architecture.
3. This is probably why users have designated the beach of the Côte des Basques in Biarritz as the most beautiful beach in France (the Traveler's Choice).
4. At the foot of the famous 100 steps, and framed by Villa Belza and Marbella spot, this glamorous spot has hosted and continues to host many events such as the Casetas de Biarritz, the Wheels and Waves.
5. Biarritz is also a hotbed of surf art; painters, musicians, creators... they draw their inspiration and enjoy its fame.
6. Immerse yourself in surfing culture at the Maison du Surf: all the information, surfing culture, surfing history through a retrospective on surfing in Biarritz.
7. There are surf art exhibitions, a surf library with books and surf magazines, surf movies...
8. There will also be surf events such as signings, awards, and others. A place to go without moderation!
9. You can also try the virtual experience with the animations of the Cité de l'Océan.
10. The Virtual Surf, surf simulator is designed exclusively for the Cité de l'Océan and which will allow you to feel the sensations of a session on the mythical spot of the Côte des Basques, the indomitable Belharra or the perfect tube of Mundaka.
11. The new Surf Sensation 5D: standing on a dynamic surfboard and equipped with a virtual reality mask, find yourself in the shoes of a surfer! Movement, 360 ° vision, wind, spray... Feelings and emotions are the rendezvous of this surf trip between fiction and reality!
12. At the virtual surf, the game consists of spending as much time as possible in the tube (the roll) of the wave, which appears in the video mask.
13. Biarritz offers a varied choice, according to your desires and your budget, to lodge you near the spots.
14. The Bar of the Coast ideal for a tapas aperitif at sunset.
15. In Biarritz, surfing is more than just a sport. It's the DNA of the city.
16. It is a great competition arena because its wave with beautiful walls is perfect for the sequence of maneuvers in short board.
17. As a beginner, the historic Côte des Basques is a perfect spot to start.
18. At Shaper House, there is everything to make your own board: materials, workshops and advisors.
19. This surf supermarket includes a "shape" room to shape the polyurethane foam bread.
20. In the surf supermarket, there is also "glass" to cover it with fiberglass then resin, with drying in 7 minutes in a state of the art UV oven.
21. The operation takes three to four and half days, and costs between € 500 and € 1000, depending on the size, the same price as the purchase.
22 At the Virtual Surf, the board is drawn on the ground and a camera records the movements of the body to the onslaught of fantastically modeled pieces.
23. Availability of the Neoprene wetsuits have made it possible to surf in any season.
24. If the conditions are not optimal for surfing, enjoy the new indoor skate park Biarritz, the largest in the region.
25. Many locals in Biarritz are excellent surfers, who scan the ocean as soon as they jump from bed.