1. Fiji is a small tropical country in the Oceana with an astonishing amount of natural beauty, natural resources and volcanoes.
2. The country is known for its beauty and tropical weather which makes it a perfect tourist destination for people from Australia, New Zealand, and Europe.
3. Fiji is a small country however it has a coastline of around 1129 Km which is why it has a long chain of beaches and surfing spots.
4. There are records as old as the early 1800s which show that surfing was practiced in this part of the world even in the 1800s.
5. The water in Fiji is ideal for surfing as the tropic temperatures make the water warm, steady and surfable.
6. Fiji is ‘the’ perfect country for surfers. The water around Fiji is steady but it offers an amazing variety of waves for surfing.
7. Fiji is surrounded by water which is why water sports are a common part of the country's culture. Diving, Surfing, windsurfing. are a few of the most popular sports in the country.
8. Fiji is known to host surfing competitions for around two decades now. It is also a stop in the famous World Surfing Tour.
9. The country has several hundred volcanic islands out of which many are uninhabited, Surfing off the coast of these islands can be a fun and adventurous experience.
10. Fiji is a popular tourist destination for surfers and most of the large beaches are always crowded so if you want to surf in uncrowded water then it is better to sir fog the coast of an uninhabited island
11. Tropical temperatures are always good for surfing. The swell is always good and waves are perfect throughout the year.
12. There are many surf resorts in Fiji which are built near good surfing locations. Surfers from all over the world tend to travel to Fiji for an amazing surfing experience and to find accommodation this close to the main surfing area is a blessing
13. Beq Lagoon Resort is a beautiful surf resort. It has a private beach and you can also enjoy a surfing safari at this resort
14. Fiji’s tropical temperature makes it a paradise for surfers however it is not an easy place for beginners there are very few places in Fiji where are friendly for amateur surfers. Sigatoka is one of them
15. Windsurfing is also very popular in Fiji. Plantation Island is ideal for beginners who want to master the art of windsurfing
16. If you are a windsurfer then the best time for you to visit the islands is in between the months of June and September when the winds are strong.
17. Nananu-i-Ra Island is another ideal spot for windsurfers. It is an excellent place for intermediate and advanced windsurfers.
18. The island of Viti Levu is an awesome place for expert and experienced surfers. Beginners are heavily advised to not step foot in the water as the tides are really strong in this part of Fiji
19. The largest waves in Fiji occur in between the months of March and November. This is why a lot of foreign surfers travel to Fiji in these months
20. Short surfboards are ideal for the warm and steady water in Fiji. However, you can also bring your long or customized surfboards as well.
21. If you want to take a break from surfing you can always try other sports like snorkeling, sea kayaking, diving, and paddle boarding
22. If you are a beginner then don’t worry, there are lots of surf resorts in Fiji where you can take classes and learn how to surf.
23. The country has alluring and extensive coral reef which shape up the entire surfing scenario on the tropical island
24. Castaway Island, Viti Levu Island, Kadavu island, Beachcomber island and Denarau island are few of the most visited islands in Fiji
25. Matamanoa Island Resort, Holiday Inn Suva, “The Coconut Grove Beachfront Cottages, Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa and Daku resort are some of the best and most luxurious beach resorts in Fiji.