Mexico is ideal for surfing, skydiving and scuba diving. It is also a city where travelers from all over the world meet to party after a good day on the beach.
Below are some facts about surfing in Mexico;
1. Mexico is a destination where the waves are very consistent all year round.
2. One of Mexico's most famous surf spots is Puerto Escondido located on Zicatela Beach 700km south of Mexico City. Puerto Escondido is often talked about on the net and magazines for its huge waves.
3. Puerto Escondido is one of the best beach breaks on the planet.
4. The wave of Puerto Escondido is vicious, big and with spectacular barrels that break very close to the edge with the power of Hawaiian waves. The waves close a lot and the passage of bar is not easy, generally the rights work better.
5. The onshore wind rises in the late morning and tends to weaken at the end of the day.
6. The water is hot all year, really hot.
7. Every year, the best sportsmen in the world meet at Puerto Escondido for their International Surf Tournament during the November Festival.
8. The city is known to be one of the 10 best surf spots in the world. Its beach of Zicatela is the paradise of the surfers, also its enormous waves and wind squalls!
9. Surfers from around the world come to train in the various spots in the region.
10. The waves of the beach Zicatela can reach more than 3 meters, it is therefore the spot of the experienced surfers!
11. Beginners are not put aside; here you can take classes whatever your level and budget.
12. The beach of Carrizalillo is a good place to learn when the waves are small. It is on this beach that surfer Oscar Moncada made his debut; a reference in the world of skiing!
13. If you prefer body boarding, similar to surfing while lying on your board, the waves at Punta Colorado Beach are ideal. This is also the place where the international tournaments of this discipline take place.
14. Mexico is a privileged country in terms of beach destinations, here all water sports are practiced. The coastlines of the country are known to hold some of the best surf spots in the world.
15. Since the 60s, Tijuana and Ensenada, in Baja California, have become the favorite spots for surfers because of its secluded beaches with great waves.
16. The coasts of Michoacán and Oaxaca also seduced the first surfers.
17. One of the best spots for surfing in Mexico is the island of Todos Santos in Baja California. World famous for having the biggest and most dangerous waves in the world.
18. In the Island of Todos, only experienced surfers dare to face what they call "America's Biggest Wave".
19. Throughout the state of Baja California, there are other options for surfing. Ensenada is a unique destination with tubular waves, popular with surfers.
20. Other favorite surf spot in Mexico is the beach of Colima, where they organize some international tournaments of this sport specialty, as is the case in Boca de Pascuales.
21. The beach of Colima is not recommended for amateur surfers, but the most experienced surfers will enjoy its fast waves that rise up to four meters high and form 40 meters from the shore.
22. The coasts of Oaxaca also have some of the most beautiful and exciting beaches to practice surfing.
23. Playa Principal and Zicatela, with waves six meters high, is one of the most recommended spots to surf the pipeline identical to that of the island of Hawaii.
24. The state of Nayarit receives waves of visitors all year long, for its good climate and its persistent waves.
25. If you do not know how to surf, Nayarit is the place to learn, there are instructors available for you to enjoy riding the waves.
If you find that it's not your thing, you can always stay on the shore, just watch the performance of professional surfers and the beautiful view of the beach.